Grab your pets, families, and costumes and get ready for PetOberfest on Saturday, October 14th from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm at Stonebridge in Woodbridge, VA! Come out and enjoy a fun-filled day with pet-related exhibitors, animal rescues, educational exhibits, live entertainment, a costume contest and more! Check out these safety tips for bringing your dog to an outdoor event provided by Maple Shade Animal Hospital.
- Be sure your dog is leashed for the entire event.
- Check to be sure your dog’s vaccinations are up-to-date.
- Carry your pet waste bags and use them!
- Keep your dog cool and hydrated. Bring water with you.
- Make sure your dog has current information on his/her collar just in case he/she gets away from you.x
- Remember, some people are afraid of dogs, it is important to ask permission before having your dog approach another person.
- Don’t let your dog approach another dog without asking the owner.
Maple Shade Animal Hospital is a PetOberfest Presenting Sponsor and will be hosting a raffle to raise funds to support animals affected by the Hurricanes. Some Raffle Prizes are valued at over $500. Prizes have been donated by Maple Shade Animal Hospital, Off Leash K9, Merial (Frontline), Tim Souza Photography and more! In addition, Maple Shade Animal Hospital will have a fun skeleton display out for you to snap a picture with and treats for pets and their humans!
For more information on the PetOberfest, visit www.sptcpetoberfest.com.